Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Yikes!

Holy F-Bombs, Batman! Don't ever have a wedding reception! Really.

All I wanted was a nice cocktail party with flowing booze and lots of interesting niblets. (You can get some interesting ideas here: http://www.bastards.org/bookstore/cookbook.html) Nothing to fancy. We could just mingle, drink and have a good time.

But noooooo! It has to turn into a total bloody reception. With lavender napkins and favors and horrible, horrible sweet champagne. What is up with that???? I like DRY wines!!! You know, my mom is the greatest, but I can't say no to her. I just can't. And it's not because I'm adopted, because the rest of my family is absolutely the same way. Really.

So, after I annul this marriage, I swear I'm eloping for the next one. And he better have more money too.

5 Comments:

Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Miss Keeks,
This is very funny, and hopefully it’ll be your ONLY wedding reception. Were the napkins and favors really lavender? How about the flower arrangements? Someday you’ll reflect back on this and have a good laugh; perhaps even some fond memories of the day. Did you capture the moment forever on film??

Congratulations and I hope you have many happy years of marriage…..

2:52 PM  
Blogger Miss Keeks said...

Thanks Miss Litzi! Hopefully it will be my only wedding. I rather like the ball and chain. He's a good father to my cats. Well, I guess they're our cats now.

The napkins and favors were really lavender. And the centerpieces were purple flowers with Ivy, a mirror and a candle in a glass globe. I just smiled a lot. I have pictures--but I prefer to avoid them! I was laughing about it before it even happened.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Miss Keeks,
Perhaps we should be addressing you as MRS. Keeks from here on out, or would you prefer Mrs. Ball and Chain? I’m glad your husband’s a good father to the cats; have they “taken” to him, as well? I hope the cats aren’t jealous because they’re no longer receiving your undivided attention.

I’m sure someone put a great deal of thought and effort into creating the centerpieces for your wedding reception, and it was gracious of you to smile sweetly and refrain from laughing (or gagging). I’m out of touch with what’s “proper and correct” for nuptial gatherings, but have always associated purple with Easter decorations and funerals. Was your wedding dress a shade of lavender or violet and that’s why this color scheme was chosen, or did you wear a traditional white gown?

Perhaps 30 years from now you’ll drag out your pictures and be able to look at them with fond recollection; then again, maybe you’ll still be laughing your ass off! Once again, Congratulations!!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Post the pics!!!
Congrats!!!!
and I had the same experience 13 years ago...
Stillbitter 'bout it!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Miss Keeks said...

Miss Litzi, they really did put in a ton of work! I can't help but feel guilty over it. They asked me what colors I like (black, purple and green). I didn't know lavender was going to be my color! But it was very sweet of them.

Pen, you'll have to blog about your experience!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home