Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Annoying Coworkers

I hate to complain... Well, I rather enjoy it. But I know it gets annoying. Especially when we complain about the same person over and over. In the world of cubicles, it's hard not to become excruciatingly annoyed with coworkers that are really too close for comfort.

I've been at my current job for two years. I figured I'd stay here while completing my MBA and then I would move on. It's not a bad job. I really like my bosses and the majority of my coworkers. But there's always someone. I used to have this girl sit next to me who farted all the time. I have nothing against gas per se, but my cube smelled like a sewer. Luckily she was totally inept and didn't make it past her second probationary period.

Now we've got CT, who I've mentioned in the past. You already have heard of her appallingly tight clothes, but I may have neglected to mention that it looks like she's wearing a suit from the 70's. Plaid and polyester. And excruciatingly tight. So tight her flesh bulges over the tops of the pants. It really can't be comfortable.

I would feel sorry for her, but she is the nosiest thing who has ever lived. I've never met anyone so obnoxious about it in my life. The people who surround her in our area despise her. One co-worker hates her so much, she's thinking about quitting. This girl has been here for a while and is completely incapable of doing her job at all. So, when she can't do her job, she stops and plays Sudoku (or however you spell it) all day long or until someone will come do her job for her.

My coworker (a good one) went to this girls manager expressing concern about her inability to do her work correctly. The manager (who is an idiot--and luckily, she's not my manager) expressed thanks for the information and promptly gave the stupid nosy girl additional responsibilities including substantially more difficult work. What kind of manager does that?? Wouldn't you want to make sure someone could do the easier jobs before graduating to the tough stuff?? Even worse, it means that I'm going to have to deal with her--other than have her overtly listen to my conversations and then make comments on them.

Personally, I think that manager should be strung up. I'm consistently amazed at how people get into positions of authority when they are poor decision makers. And the manager is generally incapable of doing much of her own work and delegates most of it off her desk.

I confess I will be complaining a lot in the next few weeks. If you hate it, I apologize. But it makes me feel a bit better.

12 Comments:

Blogger carmachu said...

What kind of boss gievs an incompentent worker more responsibility and work? The inept pointy hair kind(google dilbert if you dont get the reference).

You shouldnt be surprised that incompentence in management. I mean, shit floats on the top of water after all.....


Good luck, I can t wait the saga of crappy co-workers....

6:47 AM  
Blogger Kevin Charnas said...

I say try something subtle...like pepper spray her, or accidentally drop a lit match in her hair. If you do this enough times, she'll quit.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Attila the Mom said...

I LOVE to hear you bitch! LOL

3:30 PM  
Blogger Attila the Mom said...

What, no update? LOL

9:25 AM  
Blogger Miss Keeks said...

Carmachu--What can I say? Most bosses? Because frequently that's been my experience. I don't get the impression most people became bosses for the right reasons. You're right, shit floats.

Kevin, I did that yesterday. I swear she didn't notice.

ATM: I know!! And I can't even claim that I haven't had the time! I'm addicted to mah jong through yahoo UK games.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Bitch away...
How about super glueing her phone, or maybe just occsionally shooting her across the room with a water gun???

10:24 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Or you could try the tactic of your former cubicle neighbor and pass a lot of gas into a fan pointed in her direction. Use the fan so you don't annoy your paperclip throwing friend otherwise this plan could backfire. No pun intended.

Anything for the cause! I mean really- polyester plaid?!? It would serve her right.

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy do I hear you. Luckily for you you only have to deal with 1 annoying coworker I have to deal with 3 annoying, backstabbin, nosy coworkers. they think that they have to do all the work, bullshit. all they do is sit on their asses and complain about everyone and everything and how they are so busy. yea, busy on the internet???

10:03 PM  
Blogger ou812 said...

Hi Miss Keeks,
I thought I was the only one with this problem. I was fired in April for somethiing my co-worker did, I have been appealing my un-employment, and now I am in Dire Straits. This coworker and I argued for almost three years. They promoted him from shipping dept to Sales, something I had been in for twenty years. I hope he's happy! I complained too and it lost me my job. I don't know what to tell people at interviews now. I'm afraid they will think I'm a troublemaker. Ideas anyone?

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray you find another job soon. I belive you will. It is one person on every job. I really do not the jealous ones they are dangerous lost my job because of one also. I have fund another, and explaining myself wasn't even an issue they understood, some places where I applied didn't so be prayerfull and remember if our Father can feed the birds he can surely make a way for you!

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how refreshing to hear that there is a world of bad colleagues out there.
I personally have to deal with 2 at the same time.
On one side I have to deal with a girl who joined the team 4 months ago and she believes she knows everything; she interrups or jumps in conversation without being asked, tells you to do things (not suggesting) and stares at you whenever you answer her questions (as if she is not really trusting you) and she also stares at your PC screen when you are reading private emails. I truly dispise her.
On the other hand I have a fleaky one, with the attention span of a gold fish, doesn't listen to you when you trying to help him with his work or worse he tells you he understands but he doesn't as his brain seems to be switched off!
He also wonders around the office and spend hours at the coffee machine intertaining people with his trips to Argentina and places...
My boss say that I need to mentor them, seriously... one day I will throw the staples at them!
Help!!

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i totally feel your pain!! i work 3rd shift in a pharmacy and the supervisor who works 2nd, but stays over into an hour on our shift is around i try my hardest to stay away! she will nit pick at every little thing you do if you don't do it her way, she has to know everything you an the other employs are talking about and if you won't tell her, she acts like your plotting against her. also she talks crap about every1 behind their back like a little kid, i mean we have a mega 2-faced bitch on our hands here. she only does this to the employs that sit around and kiss her ass and hee-haw with her, which i do not. i could sense the awful on this hag within 2 weeks of working here, so i cautioned myself. this is my first job, but from what i've read here, and heard, even if you think a 40 yr old supervisor should be mature you should guess again!

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home