Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Maybe it's not so bad after all...

Have I mentioned that my whole problem with Christmas is due to my gift anxiety? It is. I always buy too much. It's really because I never feel like I'm giving enough. I hate birthdays for the same reason. I periodically contemplate this issue I have. Is it because I'm adopted? Do I have some deep-seated need for approval that generally does not manifest in regular daily life? I don't know. But I still feel like I'm not buying enough for other people.

But... on a happy note. I'm really almost done shopping. I have one gift left to buy. One gift! And the wife can really pick that out. It's for my grandma. He's much better at picking stuff out for the little old ladies. It makes me gag. He's less good at picking stuff out for me. I don't know what his problem is. I always tell him what I want as the year goes by. I even email him gift ideas. Forget it! He won't get me something I like--because then I might be expecting it!

Well, to be fair, I don't think he likes what I get him either. I can't help it! He always buys what he likes... where does that leave me. It doesn't matter anymore. I know that this year he'll get at least three things that he'll like.

I've put up the tree. The needles aren't falling off. And honestly, I'm sort of enjoying the holiday season this year!

5 Comments:

Blogger Pendullum said...

I am envious...
almost all done???
ohhhh....
How many more shopping days left (I say with great anxiety??)
And you already have your tree up?and long enough for the needles to be falling off???
Ohhhhh....
I am soooooo behind...

8:12 AM  
Blogger Miss Keeks said...

Don't worry... you still have plenty of time. And I still have plenty to wrap and a bunch of stuff to mail.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Attila the Mom said...

Um, well blowjobs never seem to go out of style! And one size fits all!

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Keeks don't listen to ATM, she poops blue. If you did decide to take her gift idea seriously here are a couple of things to consider:

Is there a RETURN policy???? If so then OK, I say go for it!

AND... be sure to tell him there is absolutely NO regifting allowed.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Attila the Mom said...

:::snarf:::

Mia, yer bad. Really really bad.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home